Monday, November 10, 2008

The Bleeding of the Stone

I must admit, this book wasn't one of my favorites to read. Not saying it wasn't a good book, but I just didn't like it. I guess because I was expecting it to follow the flow of the other books we've read so far this semester. After class Tuesday I guess there was some what of a connection with this book to the class. One being from a religious aspect, with the Muslims and the Islamic traditions. I have taken a Religion class and we learned about the Islam religion. So some of the things that were happening weren't as difficult for me to understand.
After reading this book, one word that I will likely remember is Waddan. Half way through the book I was really interested to learn what a Waddan was. I could have read over it the first time, but I couldn't figure out why they wanted the Waddan so bad. I later found out it was because they were suppose to have magical powers. So that made alot more since as to why cain was after it. Overall it was interesting to read about apart of Africa from a different aspect.

No comments: